Wondering what ingredients rule 2023? Read on for this year’s top skincare ingredients that improve and rebuild the skin’s barrier function!
Copper peptide is a natural ingredient much talked about for skincare. Peptides are amino acids that boost the production of collagen and elastin. Peptides bind with the copper enzymes to form copper peptides.
- Keeps your skin soft and smooth by fighting early signs of ageing.
- Helps achieve tight and firm skin by boosting collagen production.
- Brightens skin tone, giving younger-looking skin.
This all-time trending ingredient known as ascorbic acid is a water-soluble vitamin that your body requires to maintain healthy and problem-free skin.
- Helps heal blemishes, acne scars, dark spots, and hyperpigmentation.
- High in antioxidants, it protects your skin from oxidative stress and helps repair damaged skin cells.
- Imparts a subtle sheen to skin; evens out skin tone.
- Protects your skin from sun damage.
Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found in your body. It is found in your skin with the purpose to hold onto moisture, keeping skin hydrated. Though as we age, the levels of hyaluronic acid in our skin tend to decrease, resulting in fine lines, wrinkles, and dryness.
- Keeps the skin hydrated by drawing moisture from the air.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties beneficial for sensitive or inflamed skin.
Linoleic Acid, also known as vitamin F, is an Omega-6 fatty acid used as an emollient, thickener, and antioxidant in skincare.
- Assists in enhancing the barrier function of the skin.
- Hydrates the skin, keeping it plump and youthful.
- Protects your skin from environmental aggressors – UV rays and pollution.
Bakuchiol is a natural skincare ingredient derived from the leaves and seed of the plant, Psoralea corylifolia, and known as a natural alternative to retinol.
- Hydrates skin and increases cell turnover, making skin appear youthful.
- Powerful antioxidants fights the signs of ageing.
- Protects your skin from environmental aggressors.
More top skincare ingredients:
This year has put a spotlight on some amazing skincare ingredients worth trying. From the hydrating power of hyaluronic acid to the brightening properties of vitamin C, these ingredients have proven to make a significant difference in the overall health and appearance of our skin. With tons of options available, it’s important to find the right ingredients that work for your specific skin needs and concerns. So go ahead and experiment with some of these top ingredients and let us know which ones have worked wonders for your skin!