Doing Business with Voyant Beauty
Last updated August 09, 2022
At Voyant Beauty our vision combined with our technical expertise helps beauty and personal care brands reach higher and go further. Our integrated network of innovation and manufacturing capabilities delivers responsive solutions that have revolutionized the contract manufacturing discipline.
We understand the importance of purchased materials and how the right supplier partner makes the difference of meeting versus exceeding customer expectations. Having, partnering with, and valuing our Supplier Network is the foundational linkage that enables our vision to become reality.
In order to foster the value of our Supplier Network and key supplier relationships, Voyant Beauty manages through a centralized single point of contact model. Meaning the acquisition of services and materials along with all supplier terms are managed by Voyant’s Corporate Procurement Team. This team is responsible for creating and executing procurement strategy, maintaining supplier agreements, and working with Voyant’s Supply Chain Team network to execute on a plant facility level.
Voyant’s Supply Chain and Procurement Department’s mission is to create and maintain a predictable supply network that enables operational excellence and best value demonstration to Voyant Beauty and its customers.
The Procurement Team has the responsibility and authority to engagement in business-to-business commitments and sign contracts on behalf of the company. This responsibility includes creating and executing procurement strategy, maintaining supplier agreements, and working with plant level teams to execute on a plant facility level.
The Procurement Team is configured by traditional spend category management functions (chemicals, packaging, administration operations) for which each function has a group of team members that are specialized in their field and purpose. Each group has a corresponding Manager responsible for their Team and all Managers reporting into the Vice President of Supply Chain & Procurement.
The Procurement Team provides support and purpose to the organization in the selection, acquisition, and use of material and services by following these core objectives:
- Maximizing Voyant’s purchasing power by focusing on strategic sourcing and obtaining the best value.
- Leveraging its expertise in contract negotiations and supplier management to the advantage of the organization.
- Streamlining processes and technology innovations to provide administrative efficiencies and compliance within the procure to pay process.
- Minimizing risk exposure while maintaining flexibility in procurement activity to ensure material supply and supplier reliability performance.
The Procurement Team shall ensure the business practices used to acquire goods and services are conducted with uncompromising integrity and ethics as defined within the Voyant Employee Handbook. Such business practices include but are not limited to the following:
- Ethical Business Practices
- Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Proprietary and Confidentiality
Voyant Beauty’s Corporate Procurement Team conducts our business practices with uncompromising integrity and ethics through the guidance of our Voyant Beauty Supply Chain & Procurement Policy. We always do the right thing and strive to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and respect with our team and through our Supplier Network. The following outlines the foundation of some of our related principles and policies:
- Being open and transparent with the welcoming disclosure of our Procurement Team, the policies it operates from, and the goals and progress they are achieving.
- The above hyperlink will provide full access to the Voyant Beauty Supply Chain & Procurement Policy. Feedback and inquiries are welcome from both internal and external sources and can be made to [email protected]
- Operating in a responsible and sustainable manner is important to Voyant Beauty. While we run our business in line with the expectations of diverse global stakeholders, we also see corporate responsibility as a discipline that helps us manage risks and maximize on the opportunities available to us in a changing world. This commitment is deeply ingrained in our core values, and we aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
At Voyant Beauty, we define our Corporate Social Responsibility as follows:
- Conducting its business activities with integrity, fairness, and in accordance with the highest ethical standards. This expectation applies to all of the Procurement Team and shall be expected of all suppliers.
- Protecting the environment and the safety of people.
- Providing transparency to our goals and process within sustainable sourcing and supplier compliance to commitment.
- Supporting human rights and condemning violations related.
- Engaging, learning from, respecting, and supporting the communities and cultures within which we work.
All purchases of material and services, except were governed by Delegation of Authority and guidelines shall be acquired through the use of a traditional business-to-business engagement. Unless otherwise governed by Delegation of Authority or approved protocols, all acquisitions of material and services must be made through the issuance of fulfillment of a purchase order for which shall only be issued by an authorized agent/buyer of the company. The acquisition or execution of agreements for material and services by unauthorized persons shall be not allowed nor shall be determined as legally binding. Below is an outline of the appropriate steps to take each time a purchase is made.
- Voyant Employee or System determines the need for goods or services
- Requisition for acquisition approval is generated
- The requisition is reviewed and approved by procedure
- Plant Supply Chain Buyer to place purchase order
- Plant to receive material and/or confirm services
- Supplier to submit invoice for material and services
- Accounts Payable to validate three-way match between purchase order, receipt, and supplier invoice
- Accounts Payable to make payment for material and services
- Voyant Beauty to maintain records of material and services purchase/payment.
At Voyant Beauty we emphasize providing sustainable alternatives where and when we can be a hallmark of a true sustainable stewardship mindset.Our customers look to us to understand sustainability changes in consumer trends, as well as be a true partner in creating more sustainable products, which is why we are building our capabilities to offer ingredients with a lower environmental or social impact without compromising efficacy and consider the sustainability of an ingredient in products we custom design.
When it comes to sustainable packaging, we know many of our customers have set goals to reduce the use of virgin plastic in favor of more sustainable alternatives. Leveraging new technologies and our technical know-how, we can offer packaging to customers that is 100 percent sustainable and reusable.
Voyant Procurement is dedicated to working with and through its Supplier Network to create innovation and solutions that emphasize world-class sustainable sourcing. We maintain and actively adhere to our Sustainable & Social Economic Sourcing Policy.
- Voyant Beauty’s Sustainable Sourcing Policy covers the following key areas;
- At Voyant we understand that people make the difference. This holds true for all aspects of our business, including our Procurement Team. We will maintain a commitment and investment of human resources to sustainable procurement.
- Sustainable material and Supplier Network Compliance Goals
- Sustainable and Compliance goals for Voyant Beauty’s Corporate Procurement Team were established through the collaboration of internal stakeholder input, external business feedback, and Leadership within Voyant Beauty/
- The above hyperlink will provide full access to the Voyant Beauty Sustainable Sourcing Policy. Feedback and inquiries are welcome from both internal and external sources and can be made to [email protected]
We strive to make good choices and intentions based on being a good neighbor with both our communities and the earth. Our sustainable sourcing initiatives and desire for continuous improvement apply across our entire network, while we our sustainable sourcing goals may only apply to the direct materials we are purchasing.
Market Engagement & Inquiries
Voyant’s Corporate Procurement Team’s approach to market and supplier consideration shall maintain strict adherence to the Corporation’s Governance and Supply Chain & Procurement Policies, while at the same time ensuring fair and reasonable consideration to all companies and opportunities. The following outlines the basis of the Procurement Team’s approach to market, considerations of source selection and overall procure-to-pay process expectations.
- Voyant’s Corporate Procurement Team will manage it’s spend portfolio and supplier relationships through a traditional category management methodology. This enables Procurement professionals and experts to reside responsibility over those types of spend that best align with their knowledge. By approaching our engagement as such it further emphasizes our ability to access best value, innovation, and maintain a single point of contact for all Suppliers that service and provide to our network of facilities.
- When applicable and as it aligns to procurement strategy, the Procurement Team will engage the market; existing and potential new suppliers in competitive sourcing events (request for information, request for quote, request for proposal) to ensure best value and access to innovation. Any and all business commitments resulting from competitive sourcing events or discussions shall be formalized through contract awards and mutually executed documents between Voyant Beauty and the supplier. In such cases, the Procurement Team will utilize a formal process of engagement that will enable the following primary steps.
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL & SPECIFICATIONS DISCLOSURE
- SOLICIT BIDS
- EVALUATE PROPOSALS
- NEGOTIATION THE AGREEMENT AND MAKE THE AWARD
Considerations & Best Value Determination
Voyant’s Corporate Procurement Team encourages competition among suppliers in providing materials and services to its operations. Competition provides the greatest opportunity for Voyant Beauty to procure materials and services at the best value. Accordingly, those involved in supplier selection have the responsibility to search broadly and completely for viable suppliers. Sources for the materials or services should be considered in the following order:
- Qualified Sources
Materials and services shall only be procured from qualified sources as defined by the specifications or requirement of the demand. All suppliers actively engaging in procure-to-pay actives with Voyant Beauty are required to achieve and maintain compliance to Voyant’s Supplier Qualification Requirements as defined by Voyant’s Quality and Operations functions.
- Strategic Suppliers with past performance
Voyant’s Corporate Procurement Team maintains a functional and active list of preferred Strategic Suppliers across all categories for which applies to all Voyant facilities and functions. These Strategic Suppliers have been determined based on successful past performance, favorable business terms, compliance to Voyant’s Supplier Qualification Requirements and other factors. Strategic Suppliers to Voyant Beauty shall have unique access to opportunities and typically receive the preference to the majority of the volume for which they are qualified and can support.
- Other Suppliers with past performance
When neither of the aforementioned sources are qualified or can offer the support that is needed, the Procurement Team will engage and make commitments to non-Strategic Suppliers that are qualified. In all circumstances, these engagements will be managed with the same performance, terms & conditions, and supply chain operation expectations as any/all business performed with Strategic Suppliers.
- New Suppliers
Voyant’s Corporate Procurement Team is always interested in finding new suppliers to be a part of its Strategic Supplier Network. We understand the importance of how the right supplier partner makes the difference of meeting versus exceeding customer expectations. Having, partnering with, and valuing our Supplier Network is the foundational linkage that enables our vision to become reality. Suppliers interested in doing business with Voyant Beauty should inquire via the following link: [email protected]
- Stewardship and Good intentions
At Voyant Beauty we have a passion for continuous improvement and ensuring those on within our Teams and those Suppliers share the same common values. This starts with our ESG values and common-sense stewardship. We are specifically interested in the selection of Suppliers who desire to do good based on their own free will and good intentions. Suppliers that understand the importance sustainable sourcing, human rights, ethics, and environmental responsibility. It is our belief that having stewardship and good intentions not only will help Voyant Beauty but also help each Supplier, their communities, and the entire earth we share.
- Source Determination
- While the Procurement Team strives for best value in all decision making, corresponding decisions don’t necessarily mean low cost. Whether it be from competitive sourcing events, direct decision, or innovation interests, the Procurement Team does and will continue to support a Supplier Network that enables fulfillment across a wide variety of value determinations.
- Procurement and those involved in source selection shall use a combination of inputs to determine best value. The following considerations are to be given when performing source selection:
- Supplier’s compliance and/or willingness to comply with the following Voyant expectations:
- Voyant Beauty’s Supplier Expectations
- Supplier Corporate Social Responsibility
- Supplier Code of Conduct
- Supply Chain Operational Ways of Working
- Voyant Beauty’s Supplier Terms and Conditions
- Voyant Beauty’s Supplier Quality Management
- Voyant Beauty’s EHS3 and Contractor Compliance
- Supplier’s total cost of ownership, including:
- Material cost
- Fixed and Variable overhead costs
- Scope 3 carbon footprint reduction initiatives
- Energy, water, and waste conservation initiatives
- Operational Safety
- Company ESG policy and fulfillment
- Tier 2 and 3 sustainability
- Third party certifications to sustainable sourcing
- RSPO certifications to palm sourcing
- SFI – Section 4 certification to pulp-based product sourcing
- Conflict of Minerals compliance
- Take-back programs for packaging material or end of life
- Pre-consumer and post-consumer waste content
- Locally geographic to Voyant
- Social economics and diversity ownership
- Minority-owned business enterprises (MBE)
- Woman-owned business enterprises (WBE)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
Supplier Corporate Social Responsibility
Voyant understands the importance of purchased materials and services how the right supplier partner makes the difference of meeting versus exceeding customer expectations. Having, partnering with, and valuing our Supplier Network is the foundational linkage that enables our vision to become reality. In order to foster the value of Supplier Network we are committed to ensure our Corporate Social Responsibility expectations are conveyed within our Supplier Network before, during, and after source selection.
- Voyant Beauty will sustain a Supplier Code of Conduct as the driving document to clearly define and communication such expectations to our Supplier Network.
- The Voyant Beauty Supplier Code of Conduct will be reviewed and updated as needed and/or confirmed in writing with all suppliers at least annually.
- It is Voyant’s expectation that all selected suppliers understand and actively adhere to the following Voyant Beauty Supplier Code of Conduct Policy unless mutually agreed to in writing.
- People & Labor
- Supplier agrees to comply with the applicable provisions of any federal, national, state or local law, including, but not limited to, those prohibiting employment of children, human trafficking, or forced labor and those prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, or physical or mental handicap and those providing for the employment of disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era, export control, anti-bribery, economic sanctions laws, EPA, OSHA, OFAC, and all hazardous materials transportation and hazardous communication standards for the safe labeling, handling and use of the Product.
- Suppliers uphold and honor the freedom of association and the right of collective bargaining in accordance with applicable laws.
- Suppliers shall comply with local, state, or federal minimum wages, working hours and ensure employee compensation that is fair and reasonable.
- Environment, Health, Safety (EHS3)
- Supplier agrees to use commercially reasonable efforts to implement a policy of environmental responsibility concerning its products and processes, including where applicable, pollution prevention and waste reduction programs.
- Suppliers shall: (i) comply with all applicable laws and regulations issued by federal, state and local authorities; (ii) actively promote and invest in safety and a safe work environment for its employees while being a good steward of the community (iii) promote and exercise sound business decisions and practices that are considerate of the environment and specifically target the continuous improvement of waste, water and energy reduction with the overall objective of lessening of their business’ environmental impact (v) implement promptly any corrective action, including (without limitation) adhering to reasonable and significant elements of the environmental, safety and industrial hygiene program, (vi) shall track and/or have an active project to track Scope 1, 2, and 3 level carbon foot printing along with quantitative recording of all waste generation on a, (vii) provide Buyer accurate information concerning ozone depleting chemicals used in its products or processes when required by any applicable regulations or laws.
- If applicable, Suppliers maintain a policy to shall ensure they do not supply products that contain conflict of minerals directly or indirectly along with action and ensure due diligence for traceability and compliance of.
- If applicable, Suppliers shall maintain a policy ensure they only supply palm oil (including palm kernel oil) that originates from a certified Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) source. Supplier shall action and ensure due diligence for traceability and compliance of.
- Governance & Confidentiality
- Supplier shall maintain policies that discredits and prohibits anti-bribery, corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust, trade controls, and ensure ethical business standards and practices are used.
- Supplier shall maintain policies within its own supply base that also discredits and prohibits anti-bribery, corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust, trade controls, and ensure ethical business standards and practices are used.
- Supplier shall maintain policy that defines and delegates the authority of commitments within their company and on behalf of their company.
- Supplier shall understand the importance and actively promote through policy the concept of confidentiality, along with the creation and use of documentation standards that ensure proper record keeping and transparency.
- Additional information, training documents, and guidance materials can be found through the following links / organizations.
- www.un.org = provides information on human rights
- www.osha.gov = provides information on safety and labor
- www.epa.gov = provides information on the environment
- www.ftc.gov = provides information on fair trade and ethics
- www.sec.gov = provides information on inclusion and regulations
- www.sba.gov = provides information on small business / subcategory