One surprising ingredient predicted to emerge in the upcoming year is Mamey Sapote. It carries a host of health benefits with it; its skincare benefits are largely due to its high concentration of vitamins and minerals. In skincare, it serves as an antioxidant and moisturizer. Mamey Sapote has great skin conditioning and protective properties, making it perfect for dry damaged skin, and carries many of its benefits over to hair care as well.
What is Sapote Oil?
Sapote oil is extracted by mechanical pressing the dry kernel of the fruit Sapote, which belongs to the same family of Argan. This oil is rich in Vitamins A, B, C and E, with a high content of monounsaturated oleic acid and high natural antioxidant levels. It is a light and non-greasy oil that helps to balance the production of sebum, reduces skin flaking as well as dry patches, and is used as a treatment for painful skin problems.
- Provides relief from dandruff and scalp itching
- Nourishes and soothes scalp and makes the hair bright and smooth
- Revitalizes dull and damaged hair and promotes healthy hair growth
- Could be used as a detangler, conditioner and hot oil treatment
- Makes hair manageable, soft, and luxurious
- Maintains the elasticity of hair
- Smoothens and moisturizes damaged and cracked skin
- Treats scalp conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis
- Lowers the chances of skin patches and flaking
- Balances the production of sebum
- Has aromatherapy purposes
- Useful for dermatitis
- Could be used as a poultice to treat skin ailments