Rosemary is hard to beat in the essential oil arena. One of the most searched ingredients, a top trend for hair is rosemary essential oil thanks to its many benefits and uses in both hair care and skin care. If you are looking for natural ways to boost your beauty routine, rosemary oil makes the top of the list – it can help you sprout a thicker, longer mane and a smoother complexion.
Rosemary historically has been used in tonics, skin care and natural medicine to treat conditions ranging from general inflammation to digestive support. While this herb is used more commonly in cooking, it is becoming commonly used in skin and body care.
Benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Antibacterial – the power of rosemary oil is so strong it can penetrate the skin to calm acne and breakouts. It helps to clarify any clogged pores and decongest the skin for immediate and lasting results.
- Balancing – rosemary helps to control sebum production in the skin. It’s known to help soothe acneic skin types, bringing the skin to a harmonious balance.
- Anti-inflammatory – rosemary has an antibacterial quality to skin care. It can instantly soothe active skin inflammation like rashes, breakouts, and recurring skin conditions.
- Antioxidant – rosemary helps to fight damaging free radicals for happier, healthier skin.
- De-puffing – rosemary helps to boost circulation, which can reduce the bloated, puffy look we often get in the eye area.
- Soothing – for those with itchy, dry scalps, rosemary oil can help to soothe inflammation and deeply moisturize.
- Growth – rosemary is great for hair growth. It helps to fight agents that cause hair loss and scalp irritation for a longer, fuller mane. Studies have found that rosemary essential oil helps to fight one of the causes of androgenetic alopecia.
- Scalp Issues – along with deep moisturizing and hair growth properties, rosemary treats the inflammation caused by certain scalp conditions such as dandruff, dermatitis, and even excess oiliness.
For Skin & Body:
- Aromatherapy – like lavender, rosemary helps to assist in mindfulness, meditation, and calmness for a more serene state of mind.
- Repellent – known to repel insects, rosemary makes for a great natural alternative to often harsh, strong smelling bug sprays.
- Circulation – rosemary, along with mint, has the unique ability to impact our blood flow. It helps to stimulate an easier flow of blood through our vessels for better circulation.
- Respiration – since rosemary assists with circulation, it can also help with better breathing when ill or congested.
- Freshness – this little herb helps with a fresher mouth, so no bad breath.
- Inflammation – rosemary essential oil is excellent for treating common skin inflammatory conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and general itchiness. Due to its circulation-boosting, antibacterial, and moisturizing properties, adding this ingredient to body care is a game changer for happier skin.